Oracle Spatial coordinate systems

From: <alex.chenaki_at_gmail.com>
Date: 8 May 2006 16:15:04 -0700

Hey all,

I'm having a bit of an issue having to do with the coordinate systems in Oracle Spatial. My (high-level) situation is that I have a circle and some point lying on the circumference on that circle. I am trying to calculate the angle between a point at 0 radians and that point. However, the only way for me to do so is by using some vector math with the two points (the one at 0 radians and that other point) which treats their lat/lon values as cartesian coordinates. Therefore, the angle that I get is off by 0.1 or 0.2 radians which is unacceptable! Anybody have any ideas how to overcome this? Thanks for your help.

Alex Received on Mon May 08 2006 - 18:15:04 CDT