Re: Daily procedures - what are current best practices?

From: <stevedhoward_at_gmail.com>
Date: 8 May 2006 09:50:39 -0700

In addition to Grid, and other things, I still mail myself an AWR/StatsPack report to myself for each environment every morning. It is not perfect, since it rolls up the previous day, obfuscating detail.  It is a nice, however, for a once over for the top five wait events (at a minimum) every morning. If they change in event, or percentage of each, I know I have something to review. In addition, I mail myself an RMAN report for each environment detailing backups.

I have found I am much more likely to read an email than I am to go out and run it manually.

Regards,

Steve Received on Mon May 08 2006 - 11:50:39 CDT