Re: 3 Oracle values to see DB is OK or not

From: <stevedhoward_at_gmail.com>
Date: 8 May 2006 09:24:31 -0700

Use AWR/StatsPack as a start, but it is really system dependent.

We are heavy on single blocks reads, whcih may look bad on the surface, but we use Oracle Text, so it is to be expected. In your system, this may not be the case. I would say ratios are useless, in general though.

Just make sure it has a lot of blinking green and red images. Make sure it has more of the former, but throw in a red one every two minutes or so, so they don't get suspicious. This should make your managment happy. You can do this with straight javascript, and never even connect to the database, which is nice. It makes it much easier to maintain the MRS (Management Reporting System).

Regards,

Steve Received on Mon May 08 2006 - 11:24:31 CDT