Re: Poor Performance on Oracle9i - 9.2.0.7

From: Benny <benny.derous_at_gmail.com>
Date: 8 May 2006 08:34:09 -0700

There are at least some parameters in your init.ora that puzzle me (many of them have been discussed).
I would reduce the sizes for most of your memory pools dramatically especially the shared_pool - don't go (yet) into the big numbers like 10GB for the SGA.
I would also reduce following parameters :
- session_cached_cursors = 1000

But my best guess lies in the query plans of your sql statements, it's all about statistics. The application has not changed but the optimizer has...my guess is that many sql statements now produce a different query plan than before. Look at the query plans in detail and try to compare them with your previous database (if available). You could also try to run statistics with histograms: this gives the optimizer more information and helps him to generate better query plan. Try this :
exec dbms_stats.gather_schema_stats('???',5,true,method_opt=>'FOR ALL INDEXED COLUMNS SIZE SKEWONLY',degree=>8,cascade=>true); Received on Mon May 08 2006 - 10:34:09 CDT