Re: doubt about ASM

From: Jagjeet Singh <jagjeet.malhi_at_gmail.com>
Date: 8 May 2006 05:28:45 -0700

Hi Vladimir,

Thanks for replying.

I am thinking about a case where I am not able to open the database and decided to create
a new database. So, there is no way to know through ASM which files are belong to which
database. Suppose my database is down/corrputed/no controlfile .. and I need to check
how much space this database was using.

Second : I created a normal diskgroup with 4 disk of 300mb with two failure gorup.

               I assigned two disk to each group. [ I used raw file system for testing purpose ]

              It was showing these values from v$asm_diskgroup

              Total_mb = 1200      -- Understandable
               Free_mb = 1100      -- Understandable
               Required_mirr* = 300      ?

              Should it not to be shown 600mb in required* column since
we should use only 50%
              space because we have created two failure group.

              Can you please explain for my think head.

Thanks,
Jagjeet Singh Received on Mon May 08 2006 - 07:28:45 CDT