Re: Poor Performance on Oracle9i - 9.2.0.7

From: eavanzi <eavanzi_at_romi.com.br>
Date: 7 May 2006 18:46:53 -0700

Thanks for all.

Hi Rajanish.
I did run the bde_chk_cbo.sql and I did the changes but it not solved. I changed the compatible to 8.1.7 but it not solved, too.

Hi, Ralph.
My Solaris 2.6 is 32bit mode.
I have searched something about /etc/system parameters but the max value that I got to the Oracle SGA was 2,78GB. There is a Sun doc about it - Solaris 2.6 (32bit) and the Oracle SGA. I did not search about Solaris 9 and SGA but I hope to use a bigger SGA. Perhaps 8GB or 10GB.

Hi, Sybrand.
I agree with you! The RAID 5 is a write performance killer due to the presence of a parity disk but in my system 85% is read and 15% is write. Besides, the RAID 5 is more security and more cheaper that RAID 0+1 (or RAID 10 for ones). The CIO will keep the RAID 5. You are right about an on-site consultant. But it is incredible!! We are not getting an consultant to solve the problem. I told (by phone) with an Senior Oracle DBA and he told me that there is a few things to do about the database parameters. He thinks the problem are the SQL statements and we need an Oracle ATG - somebody who knows both Oracle Database and Oracle Applications 11.5.9.

Hi Bob.
I have not tried reduce the size of the shared pool, yet. I will try do it in my development environment.

Another doubt, please!
I did run the Gathering Schema Statistics concurrent request with 50% for ALL schemas and it takes 9 hours, only. Is it right? The performance was more poor, yet!! I needed to restart the statistics with 30% and the performance was a few better. My database has 55,000 objects and we have many customizations. Which are the important parameters that I need to check in the statspack results?
There are some scripts to check the performance and guide me to a possible solution?
Thank you.
Regards,
Edson Received on Sun May 07 2006 - 20:46:53 CDT