Re: change format of OMF

From: Vladimir M. Zakharychev <vladimir.zakharychev_at_gmail.com>
Date: 7 May 2006 11:23:20 -0700

>Pls tell me I can set "db_create_file_dest" parameter but I want to set
>datafile format according to my own requirements on this path
>automatically.Can I do this and How.

No, you can't do this. OMF are Oracle-Managed Files, the name says it all. Oracle-managed, not sysadmin- or dba-managed. Oracle names them according to its own rules and manages them itself. If you want to name files yourself, don't use OMF datafiles, name them explicitly when creating. Nothing stops you from creating non-OMF files in db_create_file_dest.

Hth,

    Vladimir M. Zakharychev
    N-Networks, makers of Dynamic PSP(tm)     http://www.dynamicpsp.com Received on Sun May 07 2006 - 13:23:20 CDT