doubt about ASM

From: Jagjeet Singh <jagjeet.malhi_at_gmail.com>
Date: 7 May 2006 08:55:02 -0700

 Hi All,

I have some doubts about ASM.

I have installked ASM on my linux box and created two databases which are totaly
using ASM. I created controlfile on local file system only.

  1. Suppose I want to remove my one database. I just shut abort the database and remove the controlfile. Now I need to remove all files belong to DB_1 from ASM.

I am using one single Diskgroup for both Databases. So, can not drop Diskgroup.
Now, How can I identify files of DB_1 database ?

2. If I create a normal redundancy diskgroup using two failgroup. It shows me total_mb
and free_mb space as available. Whenever my database takes 1 extent of 100mb
it reduces 200mb from free_mb column which is also understandable.

But I am not able to figureout about col required_mirror_free_mb. What it is saying.
I have read oracle documentation but still not able to understand.

Can some please shed some light on this ?

Regards,
Js Received on Sun May 07 2006 - 10:55:02 CDT