More "New" Oracle Gold

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Sat, 06 May 2006 14:34:33 -0700

Or, again, at least "new" to me.

A week or two ago I think we had a question here in the group about how to copy stored procedures from one schema to another and at the time my answer would have been ... better have the source code or use DBMS_METADATA to generate it: Not any more.

The DBMS_SCHEMA_COPY built-in package does it beautifully ... well beautifully with one caveat ... it copies ALL PL/SQL objects ... and ONLY PL/SQL objects ... functions, packages, procedures, types, and views.

You can find working demos in Morgan's Library at www.psoug.org under DBMS_SCHEMA_COPY.

Daniel Morgan
www.psoug.org Received on Sat May 06 2006 - 16:34:33 CDT