Re: Poor Performance on Oracle9i - 9.2.0.7

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 05 May 2006 22:52:54 +0200

On 5 May 2006 11:45:24 -0700, "eavanzi" <eavanzi_at_romi.com.br> wrote:

>>Setting shared_pool_size to 14G is just ridiculous.
>
>The shared_pool_size is 1,4G not 14G
>The SGA is 2,78GB
>What is the best settings for db_cache_size and log_buffer ?
>Why I would remove the all hidden parameters? They are unnecessary?
>Please, specify me.
>Thank you.

The db_cache_size should be set according the results of v$db_cache_advice
The log_buffer will be flushed to the log files, when it is one third filled or when 1Mb is filled, whichever occurs first. You are just wasting memory.
The hidden parameters modify the behavior of CBO. For one thing, you have disabled the fast full scan feature, and you have disabled index joins. You should NOT set hidden parameters, unless specifically instructed by Oracle.
Also you set timed_statistics to true.
Library latch contention is always caused by excessive parsing.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA