Re: Review Parameters

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Thu, 04 May 2006 16:13:35 -0700

jsfromynr wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> Please review the following values of paramter on the server. and give
> your suggesstion for imporving the performance.
>
> With Warm regards
> Jatinder SIngh

What you've just asked is essentially ... what kind of fuel should I use?

For your stove?
For your water heater?
For your car?
For your boat?

This is no way to tune and if it was Oracle would have set the correct values in the default installation.

I would strongly suggest you head to your neighborhood bookseller and purchase a copy of Jonathan Lewis' books: All of them.

Daniel Morgan
www.psoug.org Received on Thu May 04 2006 - 18:13:35 CDT