Re: recovery 'opportunity'

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: 4 May 2006 14:37:46 -0700

EdStevens wrote:
> Oh, by the way, Ed ... while you're trying to figure out how to
> replicate from 8i to 10g with encryption and a standby database and os
> granted authorization and privileges, and assist a developer who
> insists on trying to get an 8i Pro*C compiled app to run against 10g
> without recompiling, ... and help the non-Oracle dba's to relocate some
> Oracle db's to new hardware ....
>
> Can you fix Grid Control? Your predecessor set it up, but its
> repository got corrupted and he wasn't able to recover it.

Dude, is this all that the database that you are trying to recover was supporting is grid control?

Did they actually setup anything that needs salvaging? ( Doesn't sound like it to me ).

Why not wack it and create a new database then have grid control use the new one?

Or whack the whole install where grid control is and start over? Received on Thu May 04 2006 - 16:37:46 CDT