Database Link Permissions

From: Walt <walt_askier_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 4 May 2006 09:48:04 -0700

I've got a database link that needs to be used by two different users. Currently, it's a Public database link, which is great in the sense that both users who need it can use it, but very bad in the sense that every other user who shouldn't need it can use it too. So, I'd like to create a Private Database Link and grant both users the right to use it. However, I'm not seeing any way to do that - if it was a table, sequence, view, etc no problem, but I'm not seeing anything in the BNF syntax diagram for the grant statement that pertains to DB links, and educated guesses like "grant select on [linkname] to MYUSER" don't work.

Anybody done this? Shoud I just create two diffferent private links, one owned by each user, and call it a day?

BTW, there's a fair amount of code base that references the db link, and I'd strongly prefer not to change the name of the link and then have to find and change it everywhere the code references it.

Oracle 9.2 W2k3

//Walt Received on Thu May 04 2006 - 11:48:04 CDT