Re: Q: Help me understand LMTs please

From: Vince Laurent <vincelaurent_at_REMOVETHISsbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 04 May 2006 16:36:13 GMT

On 4 May 2006 09:30:03 -0700, "fitzjarrell_at_cox.net" <fitzjarrell_at_cox.net> wrote:

>Vince Laurent wrote:
>> I have a bunch of tables (see below) that have been migrated to LMT from DMT via

>David Fitzjarrell replied
>Use of this procedure has been discussed some time ago in this
>newsgroup:
>
>http://groups.google.com/group/comp.databases.oracle.server/browse_thread/thread/ae48b261966bb643/5a7e4dc921cf024e?q=tablespace_migrate_to_local&rnum=4#5a7e4dc921cf024e
>
>Read the entire thread as it's quite informative.

Sort of a barn-horse thing. The conversion to LMTs was done. This thread, though informative, didn't tell me what to do - it just told me NOT to do it. The thread was along the lines of what I found via google on various oracle sites.

Guess my next thing is to do the Converted LMT -> REAL LMT thing but that still doesn't answer my original question.

Thanks for the reply though
Vince

Come race with us!
http://www.mgpmrc.org Received on Thu May 04 2006 - 11:36:13 CDT