Help: How is password hashed in Oracle?

From: joebayer <joebayer(nospam)_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 04 May 2006 03:58:35 GMT

I am using Oracle 9206.

One of the requests from my manager is asking me to provide all the users who is using the user_name as their password.

But in DBA_USERS, password column is hashed, how could I get that list?

I remember in Oracle, password is hashed by dbms_system.hash, or something like that, could anybody provide some help?

Thanks Received on Wed May 03 2006 - 22:58:35 CDT