Re: AQ streams expected performance in 10gr2

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 03 May 2006 22:17:50 +0200

On 3 May 2006 12:36:18 -0700, gmendonc_at_gmail.com wrote:

>We are testing using AQ streams with JMS as the consumer on 10.2.0.2.0.
>We are having performance problems on the dequeue side. We are
>currently able to run approximately 2000 transactions per second on an
>hp/ux 3440 box with 4 cpu's and 8G of memory. After that the cpu's
>become a bottleneck. Both the enqueing and dequeing are on the same
>box. We have 1 enque table with 30 threads(processes) and a trigger to
>populate an intermediate queue table, we have 10 deque tables with 20
>threads (processes). We have tried a few of the performance tricks from
>the docs but nothing seems to be able to reduce the amount of cpu that
>gets used. Has anyone experienced something similar? Any suggestions
>would be welcome. The sga is configured with 2.6G of memory, we've
>tried bumping it up to 4 but the box seems to use more swapfile then
>with little gain in AQ performance.
>
>Thanks,
>George

I think the best sensible advice you would get here, with so little details provided (other than 'it doesn't work') is to hire a consultant.
You are obviously trying the Burleson method of tuning: instead of tuning the application you are just throwing memory at the problem. Obviously, that doesn't work, as has been explained many, many, many times here before.
Throwing memory and iron is not going to help you out, ever. You need someone to look over your shoulder, as you don't provide a webcam, and our crystal balls have broken in exasperation.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA