Re: PL/SQL : reading text file from client machine

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 03 May 2006 18:57:00 +0200

On 3 May 2006 08:09:41 -0700, chuaby_at_hotmail.com wrote:

>Hi
>
>i understand that utl_file works only on server side if we want to
>readin text file. May i know if i do not have access to the server
>side, is there anyway for me to readin a text file using PL/SQL ?
>
>For some advice please
>Thank you
>Boon Yiang

If the server is in the same network and/or company regulations do not forbid to set up a share to the server, locate your output on that share and have utl_file read it.

Other than thas as HTML db (Now called Oracle Application Express) can upload a csv file, it can presumably upload other text files. This product is free.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA