Re: How to prove that the Change Management Pack, the Diagnostics Pack and the Tuning Pack are not being used.

From: Andreas Sheriff <spamcontrol_at_iion.com>
Date: Wed, 3 May 2006 00:05:16 -0700

"Ldprt" <lcotto_at_prtcmail.prtc.net> wrote in message news:1146582509.235455.82500_at_i39g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> Hi all !
>
> I need to prove to oracle that even though the Change Managemant Pack,
> the tuning Pack and the Diagnostics Pack are installed in the Oem I 'am
> not using it and then Oracle cannot charge me $$$$$$$$.
> How to prove to them this ?
>
> RDBMS Version:: 9.0.1.4
> Operating System and Version:: Windows 200 server
> Error Number (if applicable)::
> Product (i.e. Trace, DB Diff, Expert, etc):: Change MAnagement Pack -
> Diagnostics Pack - Tuning Pack
> Product Version:: 9.0.1.4
> OEM Console Operating System and Version:: Windows 200 server
>
> How to prove the packs are not being used
>
> I need to know how to prove that the Change MAnagement Pack, the
> Diagnostics Pack and the Tuning Pack are not being used.

Ooooo! You're being audited! :-D

We were also audited. In a dev database I had some features installed that were not being used, but showed up as being used. At the conclusion of the audit. Oracle sent us a bill. I told them that we were not using these features and that I would uninstall them from the dev database. I uninstalled the features, re-ran their audit scripts, wrote and signed, and had my boss sign a letter certifying that we were not using these features. They accepted this solution.

Best of luck!

--

Andreas Sheriff
Oracle 9i Certified Professional