Re: TNS-12528 TNS:listener: all appropriate instances are blocking new connections

From: ianal Vista <ianal_vista_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 03 May 2006 02:05:06 GMT

"Gianni" <piergiovanni_at_gmail.com> wrote in news:1146587470.466451.89800 @y43g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

> hi,
>
> i have a lot of errors "TNS-1258 TNS:listener: all appropriate
> instances are blocking new connections" in my listner.log.
> My environment is IBM HTTP Server --> WebSphere AppServer 6.0 -->
> Oracle RAC 10g
>
> this caused an error login on the enterprise application deployed on
> websphere but i can't resolve .....
>
> there is a solutions ?
>
> Thanks for reply and sorry for my english ....

Here is what happened to me earlier this year. I was faced with similar "login failures" coming in the DB from a brain dead Java application; which was opening a NEW session for each & every SQL statement. At least with the 10gR2 listener, it would stop listening periodically & for a short period of time ( low number of seconds). During this period new connections were NOT accepted. Working as DESIGNED claimed Oracle.

The listener "knew" the value of PROCESSES (max. sessions). Periodically the DB updates the listener with current number of sessions.
From that point in time the Listener kept track of new/incoming connections
When the listener concluded that max sessions would be exceeded, it stopped
processing all new requests until the next time the DB reset the number of actual current sessions.

The problem is that the listener was unware of session disconnects (in real time).

A "solution" is to raise the initSID.ora PROCESSES to value high enough.

THT & YMMV! Received on Tue May 02 2006 - 21:05:06 CDT