using NetApp flexclones with RAC (Oracle 10gR2)

From: <dpwderrell_at_gmail.com>
Date: 2 May 2006 14:13:22 -0700

Has anyone done this succesfully?

Environment is Oracle10g RAC on pSeries AIX boxes and NetApp 3000 series storage systems (NFS).

 On the NetApp's we want to create clones of the volumes in a snapmirrored environment to use for test and dev (using NetApp FlexClone). All the scripts we see are for creating the clones but do not address the issue of making those clones useable for the test or dev instances - such as changing the SID and control files, etc, etc......

Has anyone done this or can anyone point me to a resource with sample scripts? BTW - we cannot use SMO (Snap Manager for Oracle) as it's not yet released for AIX.

And yes I've scoured the NetApp and Oracle sites already....

Thanks. Received on Tue May 02 2006 - 16:13:22 CDT