Re: Oracle Objects for OLE (OO4O) and scripting

From: Volker Hetzer <volker.hetzer_at_ieee.org>
Date: Tue, 02 May 2006 15:11:26 +0200

arch schrieb:
> How is it done? What method do you call.
What exactly do you want?
OO4O has lots of classes, leading to objects such as orasession or oradatabase, as you can see from the help file. There are various ways to work with them, from createobject to methods in the objects themselves.
As for examples, they are in the help too. You can use them from your VBScript or JSctipt. Is that what you mean by scripting an object?
As for statement extraction, the documentation (again!) shows you the OraSQLStmt object. Which has a property called "SQL", which returns or sets the sql code to be executed.

If that's not what you want, maybe you could be a bit more precise as to what you mean by "object" and "scripting".

> I haven't been able to find one.
> Can you give me an example (eg in vb).
>
> "Jim Kennedy" <jim dot scuba dot kennedy at gee male dot com> wrote in
> message news:efmdnWk6zq5GhcvZRVn-rg_at_comcast.com...

>> "arch" <archangel_at_arach.net.au> wrote in message
>>> Hi.  Is it possible to use Oracle Objects for OLE to script an object
>>> (extract the create statement DDL).
>>>

>> Yes.
>> Jim

Lots of Greetings!
Volker Received on Tue May 02 2006 - 08:11:26 CDT