Oracle 9i and ASP: responsible DLL found

From: <gd6502_at_eudoramail.com>
Date: 2 May 2006 02:33:40 -0700

After long trouble I think I've partially understood the cause of strange behavior between ASP/IIS and Oracle9i. Here's what it happens.

Verifying the active processes I have found that opening ASP application from the server's browser, the C:\oracle\ora92\bin\oranbeq9.dll is loaded, depending from the TNS Listener process (TNSLSNR.EXE). Once loaded, this DLL remains available and all runs regularly.
Then, reloading the TNS Listener service, the DLL is not loaded automatically; it's automatically loaded when a browser application (even if from client this time) calls the Oracle data. Therefore the error is only displayed with "cold" server.

Does anyone has idea about the reasons of this behavior? Peppe Received on Tue May 02 2006 - 04:33:40 CDT