Re: How to fix the INVALID dba_objects

From: <vwu_at_anacomp.com>
Date: 1 May 2006 22:51:50 -0700

Sybrand Bakker wrote:
> On 1 May 2006 21:24:24 -0700, "BD" <bobby_dread_at_hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> >The appropriate strategy for fixing these objects will require a little
> >more info - find out what type of objects they are, and see if you can
> >scrutinize them to determine why they are not valid.
> >
> >As to the duplicate, these two objects are likely either different
> >object types, or belong to a different owner/schema.
> >
> >Try
> >
> >SELECT OWNER || '.' || OBJECT_NAME || ' - ' || OBJECT_TYPE FROM
> >DBA_OBJECTS WHERE STATUS = 'INVALID';
> >
> >This should give you slightly more to go on.
> >
> >If they are views, they can be recreated; if such attempts fail, the
> >views may be referencing non-existent rows in the tables they refer to.
> >
> >If they are procedures, they can be recompiled. If they fail to
> >recompile, the code for the procedures should be reviewed.
> >
> >BD
>
> Adding to that, the output of OP seems to point to the fact that he
> has catalog or catproc objects under a non-SYS user.
> They won't compile, ever, and need to be dropped.
>
> --
> Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

The INVALID objects are TYPE, they are not procedure or view:

SQL> SELECT OWNER || '.' || OBJECT_NAME || ' - ' || OBJECT_TYPE FROM DBA_OBJECTS WHERE STATUS = 'INVALID'; OWNER||'.'||OBJECT_NAME||'-'||OBJECT_TYPE

SYS.ODCIARGDESC - TYPE
SYS.ODCICOLINFO - TYPE
SYS.ODCICOST - TYPE
SYS.ODCIINDEXINFO - TYPE
SYS.ODCIINDEXINFO - TYPE

Should I just simply drop it? Received on Tue May 02 2006 - 00:51:50 CDT