Re: Why does oracle support suck so much?

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 1 May 2006 11:56:12 -0700

hpuxrac wrote:

>There is no question about it the quality of support that one gets has
>dropped drastically over the last 10 years.

Ten years ago I would wait till after 5PM to call because the Australian support center was so much better. :-)

Marc Blum wrote:

>Often it was really annoying to reiterate with the support analyst what went
>wrong. I always provide test scripts, stripped down to the least possible, to
>reproduce the issue. If the support analyst doesn't read my explanations,
>doesn't execute the script, does not have any clue about time zones, I start to
>get upset.

Yeah, that ticks me off too, especially going through it with several analysts in a row. No excuse for not listening to the customer, stupid not to try a simple script.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
Make millions on the web!