Re: what sort of dba can you get for 100K nowdays

From: NetComrade <netcomradeNSPAM_at_bookexchange.net>
Date: Mon, 01 May 2006 13:41:29 -0400

On Fri, 28 Apr 2006 01:23:36 GMT, Brian Peasland <oracle_dba_at_nospam.peasland.net> wrote:

>> Is 100K a lot for the cost of living in NYC?
>
>Personally, you'd have to pay me much more than 100K/yr to work in NYC.
>I could work in a city with a much lower cost of living, take less than
>100K/yr, and be better off...

You can use this arguement on pretty much any place with overpriced real estate. Other things (e.g. food/cloth) in NYC are usually cheaper (b/c of competition and plenty of 'cheap' labor) than in many areas not within the city, from my experience. .......
We run Oracle 9.2.0.6 on RH4 AMD
we are currently looking for a DBA
remove NSPAM to email Received on Mon May 01 2006 - 12:41:29 CDT