Re: recover uncommited data

From: <fitzjarrell_at_cox.net>
Date: 30 Apr 2006 14:44:24 -0700

aman.oracle.dba wrote:
> I am sorry sir.
> there is a way,
> because when SMON doing Instance Recovery at that time it does 3 steps
> 1. RollFoward all query using REDO LOG FILES.
> 2. Then open for Users
> then 3. Rollback all transaction.
> Now I have to stop on 2nd steps because at than time database is open
> for users.

  1. Recover data from transactions recorded in the redo logs, including changes to undo blocks. Oracle calls this 'cache recovery'.
  2. Lock data from unrecovered transactions: open the database.
  3. Mark transactions systemwide that were active when the failure occurred as DEAD (these are transactions not in the redo logs); mark associated rollback/redo segments as PARTIALY AVAILABLE.
  4. Rollback all DEAD transactions; clear associated rollback/undo segments and mark them AVAILABLE. Oracle calls this 'transaction recovery'.

This is clearly explained in the documentation.

Once this series of events starts you cannot interrupt it. As such, your 'uncommitted data' cannot be recovered as it never existed to begin with.

David Fitzjarrell Received on Sun Apr 30 2006 - 16:44:24 CDT