Re: NDS vs DBMS_SQL

From: Brian Peasland <oracle_dba_at_nospam.peasland.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 16:09:10 GMT

Have you looked at doing a multi-table INSERT instead of multiple INSERTs into multiple tables?

http://download-east.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14200/statements_9014.htm#i2163698

This is available in 9i or 10g.

I'm not sure if serializing your data into one XML document is helping or hurting you here. Do you have a need to use XML for this case, outside of this loading process? If not, then XML may be getting in your way. Maybe it isn't.... If you need XML, then look at Oracle's XML toolkits (go to http://technet.oracle.com for many examples). There are tools which let you load from XML files into Oracle databases.

HTH,
Brian

Brian Peasland
oracle_dba_at_nospam.peasland.net