NDS vs DBMS_SQL

From: hitchhikar <reachsonu_at_gmail.com>
Date: 29 Apr 2006 23:50:33 -0700

All,
I have an application in which i have to serialize an C++ object in Oracle DB. This object has 100 properties and all properties have to be stored in different tables. These properties can be added/deleted at client side.
So i am serializing the object as XML file and storing it in XML repositorty. From there i am parsing the XML and based on the tablename creating a dynamic query for inserting. SOmething like: FORALL index in 1..PropCount
EXECUTE IMMEDIATE ' INSERT INTO '||tblname||'(val) VALUES (:a)' USING t_char(index);

So this is hampering the performance as this statement has to be parsed evrytime.
Is there a better way to update tables (when the tablenames are dynamic) ? I want to do away with hard parse here. I tried using DBMS_SQL but there are limitations in that (like varchar2 is 2000).

Pls suggest.

TIA
S Received on Sun Apr 30 2006 - 01:50:33 CDT