Re: Need help on hardware for Oracle Server

From: Fortuitous Technologies <null_at_fortuitous.nul>
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 15:23:07 GMT

On Fri, 28 Apr 2006 15:44:57 -0400, Syltrem wrote:
>>> If there are some literature that addresses such concerns and contain
>>> guidelines on this subject, please let me know.
>>
>> There is set of technologies/methodologies devoted to sizing and specs.
>> They require that you first know what your performance requirements are
>> (IO, memory, CPU, network load). You can find more information about this
>> at http://fortuitous.com/en/resources/
>>
>> -Phil
>> http://fortuitous.com

> Who said he wants to run Linux on his server?

 Nobody mentioned an OS here, except you.

 The fact remains that performance engineering techniques are universal.  You start with raw performance data (requirements or otherwise) and you  create models based on them. You rule out as many of the bad ones you can,  and then calibrate. It works for AIX, HPUX, IRIX, Solaris, Linux, and even  Windows. All of the performance technology mentioned in the references  applies to nearly all OS's.

  -Phil Received on Sat Apr 29 2006 - 10:23:07 CDT