Re: 8.1.7.4 standby database - missing some log files???

From: BD <bobby_dread_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 29 Apr 2006 07:55:00 -0700

>get rid of managed recovery

Yeah, managed recovery ain't gonna fly for me - the whole point of the exercise is to have a reporting database, rather than recovery or failover - so it'd be in read-only mode the vast majority of the time. Scheduled manual recoveries are the best option.

I ain't no shell script guru; thankfully, after I verbosely explained what I needed in the AIX group, and asked for pointers to similar sample scripts, some kind soul hacked out three lines of shell code that would fit the bill nicely - check dest1 for files, check dest2 for missing files, copy and rename from dest1 to dest2 as required. Easy peasy.

So I'll give that a run for awhile. It'd be _far_ easier on me if we were at 10g right now, but that is gonna have to wait for our server consolidation project to kick off later in the year. Received on Sat Apr 29 2006 - 09:55:00 CDT