Re: 8.1.7.4 standby database - missing some log files???

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 28 Apr 2006 16:48:15 -0700

My experience in the 8i timeframe was that any combination of options in log_archive_dest_n still allowed problems with the standby to blow back to production. That is why any customer that ever got burned by that would get rid of managed recovery and go back to the old way of automating shipping with scripts. Unfortunately I didn't save the tars that explained it in detail, although I did post some, google cdos for RFS with joel garry as author. I think searching metalink for RFS also is informative, but metalink search doesn't seem to be working for me just now.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
https://metalink.oracle.com/metalink/plsql/f?p=200:27:3989394309348457459::::p27_id,p27_show_header,p27_show_help:580312.999,1,1