Re: Need help on hardware for Oracle Server

From: Fortuitous Technologies <null_at_fortuitous.nul>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 19:31:24 GMT

On Wed, 19 Apr 2006 01:13:55 -0400, Michael Cello wrote:

> I am relatively new to Oracle and am assigned to determine the spec for a
> few servers to house Oracle databases. I need your help in shedding a light
> on the factors involved in making a wise decision for the features and specs
> of the servers.
>
> If there are some literature that addresses such concerns and contain
> guidelines on this subject, please let me know.

  There is set of technologies/methodologies devoted to sizing and specs. They require that you first know what your performance requirements are (IO, memory, CPU, network load). You can find more information about this at http://fortuitous.com/en/resources/

 -Phil
 http://fortuitous.com Received on Fri Apr 28 2006 - 14:31:24 CDT