Re: 8.1.7.4 standby database - missing some log files???

From: Jerome Vitalis <vitalismanREMOVETHAT_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 10:53:56 +0200

On Thu, 27 Apr 2006 11:19:33 -0700, BD wrote:

> Considering that it is the 'first' log file
> in each recovery process that is missing, that file must have been
> generated while the standby was in the process of restarting for
> recovery in the previous 'iteration'.

Yes, my guess is that the primary database sometimes tries to send an archived log to your standby while it is down, ie after "shutdown immediate" and before "alter database mount standby database;".

Since FAL did not exist in this version, the standby recovery fails.

Have a look at the doco for "log_archive_dest_n" in this version and see whether the options REOPEN and MAX_FAILURE already existed. Otherwise one solution would be to prevent the primary database from archiving any log while the standby database is down...

Jerome Received on Fri Apr 28 2006 - 03:53:56 CDT