Re: upgrade solaris from 9 to 10 - Oracle issues?

From: NetComrade <netcomradeNSPAM_at_bookexchange.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 13:57:44 -0400

On 26 Apr 2006 14:47:37 -0700, "Yoram Ayalon" <yoram.ayalon_at_structuredweb.com> wrote:

>Don't you have to change away from /etc/system for solaris 10?
>that's why I am asking! this might be significant change!
>

>Relink at least after the upgrade is complete.
>-----------------------------------
>which relink are you refering to?

as oracle user
$relink all

this might take advantage of Sol10 libraries/features (I think)

but as others have stated, backup DB and Oracle software directories test on some other node if possible

>Probably opening a tar with oracle is the best course of action along
>with getting recommendations from people who have completed it already
>well, I'm hoping to get someone who completed same upgrade

We run Oracle 9.2.0.6 on RH4 AMD
we are currently looking for a DBA
remove NSPAM to email Received on Thu Apr 27 2006 - 12:57:44 CDT