Oracles streams stability for 9.2.0.5

From: <dbaplusplus_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 27 Apr 2006 08:17:51 -0700

I have a production database - 9.2.0.5 running on HP UNIX 11. We are looking into using logical standby database or Oracle streams. We are looking for a HA availability solution, in addition could use reporting facility of
logical standby database (database is open). We only have one way redo transfer from
primary to standby.

Is there any advantage of using Oracle streams over logical standby.

I have read in the past that Oracle logical standby database has many bugs in Oracle 9.2.
Is Oracle streams more stable than logical standby or it also has problems,

Since it is a production system we will not be moving to Oracle 10G. Also, we will not like to install patches.

Any advise will be helpful.

Thanks. Received on Thu Apr 27 2006 - 10:17:51 CDT