Killed ODBC connection leaves TX lock in 10g server

From: Cheng-Jih Chen <postmaster_at_cjc.org>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 15:13:58 -0000

The server (10.2.0.1.0) and ODBC (EasySoft Oracle ODBC driver, v3.0) application run on a RHEL4-x86_64 box.

We're seeing TX locks remain in the database when the ODBC app is killed by ctrl-c. The DML is being performed by stored procedures.

The developer is putting COMMIT statements in the stored procedures, but we're wondering why the transaction doesn't automatically close (and release the lock) when the ODBC client application gets killed. Is there anything we need to set on the ODBC driver, or on the Oracle server?

Thanks. Received on Thu Apr 27 2006 - 10:13:58 CDT