DB block corruption question

From: joebayer <joebayer(nospam)_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 02:11:25 GMT

We are using Oracle 9206.

Because of a block corruption recently, we have to shutdown a mission critical database for a few hours. Now we are planning to have a standby database to prevent any downtime.

My question is:

Will block corruption be shipped through redo logs to the standby site? If yes, how can we prevent the corrupted redo logs be applied to the standby site?

Thanks for your input Received on Wed Apr 26 2006 - 21:11:25 CDT