upgrade solaris from 9 to 10 - Oracle issues?

From: Yoram Ayalon <yoram.ayalon_at_structuredweb.com>
Date: 26 Apr 2006 13:51:27 -0700

Hi,

We are planning to upgrade our Solaris box, running oracle 9.2.0.5, from solaris 9 (5.9) to 10, this to take advantage of better TCP/IP stack on Solaris 10 , and the Network trunking feature, multiplexing network cards to same IP, which is non-standard in Solaris 9.

Our DB does not run in a cluster, and uses local disks only.

any issue we should be aware of? would all our system settings, like disk, init and /etc/system remain unchanged? any estimate of down time? I am assuming we would have to shut down oracle while running the upgrade.

thanks! Received on Wed Apr 26 2006 - 15:51:27 CDT