Re: Strange Network Error on Oracle Database Server

From: <sharoma_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 26 Apr 2006 09:52:22 -0700

Oracle service does get started, I can connect(sys as sysdba) to an idle instance of Oracle using sqlplus.

Oracle instance does not get opened -- When the service is re-started, typically it will take long to start(as it starts (a) service (b) Instance). But currently it just zips past. Upon checking the ORADIM.LOG we see error msg -- "ORA-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error" and Oracle instance is not available.

Oracle service was re-created as AUTO and there is IFILE entry.

This Oracle instance was working fine for last so many months, with same parameters, it started behaving like this since Friday night (21-Apr-2006). I could not find anything unusual in the EventLog also.

We are running Oracle 9i Rel 1 on Windows 2003 Received on Wed Apr 26 2006 - 11:52:22 CDT