Re: AIX to linux migration

From: JEDIDIAH <jedi_at_nomad.mishnet>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 08:18:26 -0500

On 2006-04-26, Bob Jones <email_at_me.not> wrote:

> "JEDIDIAH" <jedi_at_nomad.mishnet> wrote in message
>> On 2006-04-22, Bob Jones <email_at_me.not> wrote:
>>>
>>> "astalavista" <nobody_at_nowhere.com> wrote in message

>>> Are you running RAC? I would suggest reading the manuals on these topics.
>>
>> That will certainly answer the questions he's posted <NOT>.
>>
>> RTFM will not give him the slightest clue about which particular
>> bits and bobs should be implemented versus other alternatives. If he's
>> lucky, TFM will not be littered with Oracle sales BS.
>>

> I normally do not like to tell people to read TFM, but with the information
> provided, it's hard to help. IMO, the best way is to read about the options
> and make decisions based on specific requirements.

        The manuals might tell you whats out there. They probably aren't even complete in that respect. They certainly won't give you any idea of what works well versus other options that just aren't worth the trouble no matter how cheap they are.

        If you want real information about what other people have successfully done, join a mailing list like oracle-suse or one of the ocfs2 lists. You will at least see examples of people trying to make RAC work, what they're trying with and what some of their issues are.

--
     If you think that an 80G disk can hold HUNDRENDS of           |||
hours of DV video then you obviously haven't used iMovie either.  / | \

                http://www.usenet.com