Re: QUESTION: Estimating required rman incremental backup size from redo??

From: BD <bobby_dread_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 26 Apr 2006 02:50:27 -0700

>No. There can't be any correlation

I don't expect any block-to-block correlation, but I would think that over the course of a day, the 'average' number of per-block changes in the redo stream would be fairly consistent day-to-day. So I would think that _generally_, the ratio of redo:backup set size would be somewhat predictable.

This is only for capacity-planning purposes; so it would even be enough to say that the backup size will generally not be larger than the redo stream for the day; the amount of redo our db generates in a week remains quite consistent. Received on Wed Apr 26 2006 - 04:50:27 CDT