Re: Performance Issue

From: <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com>
Date: 26 Apr 2006 02:49:12 -0700

jsfromynr schreef:

> Hello All,
>
> One question if it seem worth answering..
> To avoid disk contention we normally have different Tablespace for
> indexes and tables.
> Now let us say we have two very large tables with no fragmentation &
> they are Master detail table. Should they be on different tablespace ??
> Clustered together ?? Partitioned & Clustered ??

Wrong concept... There is no need to spread tables and indexes over tablespaces. No need at all, but for maintenance purposes (you can rebuild indexes, so corruption/backups of the datafiles, belonging to these index tablespaces is less important)!

Regarding you master/detail table: this could be a case for clustering, and/or partitioning.
Just test it! No need for different tablespaces, as they will not be accessed the same time; proper design, indexing, statistics, and last but no way least, proper SQL will bring you far more than clustering Received on Wed Apr 26 2006 - 04:49:12 CDT