Re: RMAN block lever recovery question

From: <fitzjarrell_at_cox.net>
Date: 25 Apr 2006 19:14:00 -0700

joebayer (nospam) wrote:
> Group,
>
> I am using Oracle 9206 on windows. I have a corrupted block on system
> tablespace. And I am using block level recovery (RNAN) to resolve this
> problem.
>
> I used
> blockrecover file=?? block=?? where database is open? Is this correct?
>
> The command seems to hang there for hours.
>
> Any suggestions?

The command syntax you used is not correct; the '=' sign is not used and 'file' should be 'datafile'. Your example should look like:

BLOCKRECOVER DATAFILE ? BLOCK ??; where ? is a single number and ?? can be one or more blocks, delimited by commas. If you need more blocks recovered in other files you can list those in additional DATAFILE ? BLOCK ?? lists, as in the example below:

BLOCKRECOVER DATAFILE 2 BLOCK 12, 13 DATAFILE 3 BLOCK 5, 98, 99 DATAFILE 4 BLOCK 19; You may want to consider the following command instead:

BACKUP VALIDATE DATABASE;
BLOCKRECOVER CORRUPTION LIST; which will find, list and then recover all corrupted blocks in the database using the V$DATABASE_BLOCK_CORRUPTION view.

Yes, the database can be open when this is executed.

David Fitzjarrell Received on Tue Apr 25 2006 - 21:14:00 CDT