Re: Export resource usage

From: Dustin Roberts <pulse301_at_gmail.com>
Date: 25 Apr 2006 10:17:55 -0700

We'll definitely be doing a DIRECT=Y, and CONSISTENT=N, because we'll only do the export while people are reading the data, not while it is being loaded. I'm going to do some research on my linux computer by simulating a ton of select statements. Then for 1 hour I will monitor it with statspack (probably every 10 minutes) and top. Then I'll do the same and run export for 1 hours and monitor it with statspack and top again, then compare the differences. Does this sound like a good simulation, or should I add more to it (no DDL or inserts or deletes, etc because that won't be going on in the real world either).

Thanks for the great responses so far,
Dustin Received on Tue Apr 25 2006 - 12:17:55 CDT