Re: Oracle Personal Edition Sucks!

From: JEDIDIAH <jedi_at_nomad.mishnet>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 11:58:28 -0500

On 2006-04-25, hans <hansF_at_telus.net> wrote:
> On Mon, 24 Apr 2006 14:57:49 -0500, JEDIDIAH wrote:
>

>>> Possibly because they think PE is 'less than SE', whereas PE is actually
>>> 'more than EE' in capability, just licensed for a max of one user.
>>
>> XE will never be used to power a realtime datawarehouse that can
>> eat multiple 9980's for breakfast, a few E15K's for lunch and still be
>> ready to devour something else for dinner.
>>
>> XE is infact rediculously crippled even for an educational tool.
>>

> SO what does this have to do with PE?

        Considering that an attempt to seek out a 10g version of PE gets you sent to a download page for XE: quite a lot I would imagine.

--
	Linux: because everyone should get to drink the beer of their    |||
choice and not merely be limited to pretensious imports or hard cider.  / | \

                http://www.usenet.com