Re: Corrupt file in noArchive log db - help ...

From: Jumbo <cool11_at_net.hr>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 15:14:55 +0200

> I'm thinking (last resort) recreate the controlfile ommitting the
> datafiles assoc. with this tablespace and see if I can open the DB,
> then drop the TS and recreate.

This you cannot do because the datafiles are written in the dictionary views (v$datafile). So, when you try to open the database with this new controlfile you will get the error similiar to 'datafile not found'.

Try to open the database with recovery option (recover database until cancel) and use the active redolog.

If you do not succed try to open with this parameter in the init parameter file:

_allow_resetlogs_corruption = true

But, still, my advice is to open an iTAR with Oracle and let them deal with your database...

Regards,
Bojan Received on Tue Apr 25 2006 - 08:14:55 CDT