Corrupt file in noArchive log db - help ...

From: <neil_at_cudd.demon.co.uk>
Date: 25 Apr 2006 05:09:52 -0700

Hi all,

Oracle 9.2.0.5 on AIX 5L
DB is NoArchive log mode.

I have a corrupt datafile.
The database will not open. I was hoping to offline the file and open the database to extract all the names of the segments in the affected tablespace, but it seems it's been a while since I mucked about with no archive log and this is only poassible with arch on.

I have a nightly export, but I was hoping just to be able to drop this tablespace and re create and re-import. but if I can't offline the file in mount mode how can I do this ?

I'm thinking (last resort) recreate the controlfile ommitting the datafiles assoc. with this tablespace and see if I can open the DB, then drop the TS and recreate.

Any suggestions gratefully received ...

Thanks in advance.
neil. Received on Tue Apr 25 2006 - 07:09:52 CDT