Re: How to copy large table between instances

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 24 Apr 2006 16:01:40 -0700

I've found if there is a fast network (or if the db's are on the same machine), CTAS is fastest. Assuming you mean databases rather than instances. Transportable tablespaces could be faster, depending on your exact requirements (like if you don't have to move the datafile and mean move the table instead of copy).

Then again, I can't remember the last time I used copy, since I'm usually doing more or less than that.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
"Ground control to Major Plonk. " - SubSpecies23