Re: Export resource usage

From: Dustin Roberts <pulse301_at_gmail.com>
Date: 24 Apr 2006 14:06:26 -0700

We do the exporting from production to a test environment. The data is definitely different on the production environment when compared to the test environment. Some of the tables we export from do experience heavy DML activity, so the rollback concern is definitely possible. Other tables may only take 10 seconds to export the data, so the rollback problem almost becomes a non-issue. Is export a CPU intensive process also? Is there a good way to test that? I did an export on one of my local test machinges, but it only had about 500,000 rows, and was probably 60 - 80 MB, and I noticed that CPU usage in Linux was at 100%, but that would of course make sense, considering nothing else was really going on at the time so I'm sure Oracle just let it do whatever it needed.

Thanks for the help,
Dustin Received on Mon Apr 24 2006 - 16:06:26 CDT