Re: Is this possible with "execute immediate"

From: Jeremy <jeremy0505_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 17:31:03 +0100

In article <444cf970$0$27281$626a54ce_at_news.free.fr>, says...

> So now we know you really need dynamic SQL, what does mean
> "The pl/sql with the "execute immediate" statement doesn't compile"?
> I never saw Oracle displaying such an error message.

OK you caught me - I didn't expect the pl/sql to compile as the execute immediate statement requires a strcing defining the SQL statement to be run and I was trying to effectively concatenate an array with a string which was never going to work.

833/2
PL/SQL: Statement ignored

834/4
PLS-00306: wrong number or types of arguments in call to '||'

--

jeremy